Concepts, Operation and Application
Provide better understanding of the steam turbine technology, its functioning, performance and operation.
Supervisors, engineers, operators and all the technical team involved in the operation, maintenance and installation of steam turbines.
At the end of the training, the participant will be able to:
• Know the functioning principles, the manufacturing technologies, equipment type and application;
• Understand the technology and specify a turbine or a turbo drive.
• Know the control, protection and measurements aspects.
• Understand the operation and its details.
• Understand, identify and participate in solving the most important problems of the machines.
The Equipment Technology
• Steam – talking about thermodynamics.
• The mechanisms of expansion action and reaction stages, counter pressure, condensation turbines and with extraction.
• Construction and classification.
Monitoring, Control and Protection Systems
• Speed control.
• Parallel and island operation.
• Technology in the equipment: sensors, transmitters.
• Mechanical and electric protections.
• Sequential trip.
• What to do before starting to operate a turbine.
• Start and stop procedures for each type of turbine.
• Monitoring the equipment during operation.
• Incidents – what to do when something fails.
• Thermodynamic cycles.
• The turbine in the thermoelectric plant.
• The turbine in the industrial process.
• Energy cogeneration.